Forever Body BBL HERO is the name for Sciton’s exciting new BroadBand Light therapy. Skin rejuvenation is not limited to just the face but applies to the body as well. BBL stands for BroadBand Light. HERO is an acronym for High Energy Rapid Output. With Forever Body BroadBand Light HERO, you can refresh the skin all over the body and bask in feeling younger all over.
- 1 Light Has a Magical Effect on Skin
- 2 Forever Body BBL: Next Level Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
- 3 Benefits
- 4 Eligible Candidates
- 5 Your Personal Consultation with Dr. Bitter
- 6 Preparation
- 7 Forever Body Procedure
- 8 Aftercare
- 9 Successful Results
- 10 How Much Do IPL Treatments Cost in Silicon Valley?
- 11 FAQ
- 12 References
Light Has a Magical Effect on Skin
Age affects the skin all over the body, not just on the face. Many facial rejuvenation patients might still show the effects of aging on the hands and other parts of the body. The body often shows blemishes, wrinkles, and sun damage. If patients had facial rejuvenation but not body skin rejuvenation, then the face might look out of place. Skin, after all, is our largest organ. It’s important to keep all your skin healthy. Light treatments can have a magical effect on the body by stimulating collagen and reversing the clock on how your skin behaves.
Forever Body uses Sciton’s advanced BroadBand Light technology for the holistic revitalization of the skin.
BroadBand Light is sometimes called photorejuvenation. Dr. Patrick Bitter is one of the earliest pioneers and proponents of these innovative technologies. Hollywood hasn’t discovered BBL HERO yet, so you can stay in front of the skin rejuvenation curve. You can discover the future of skin revitalization by calling Dr. Bitter and inquiring about how BBL HERO can help you. You can book an appointment online or call our Los Gatos office at (408) 358-5757.
Forever Body BBL: Next Level Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
Sciton’s BroadBand Light system represents the next stage in the evolution of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). While IPL has been around for a while, Sciton’s innovation develops up the ante for advanced revitalization. Not only does the treatment make the skin look better but it will feel and function better as well.
BroadBand Light takes mature skin cells and makes those skin cells behave like younger skin cells. Dr. Bitter’s research has found that BBL treatments can restore the gene expression pattern of photodamaged and chronologically aged skin so that treated skin doesn’t just look younger but actually behaves and responds to external stimuli the same way as young, healthy skin. This is a game-changing revelation that opens up new doors for skin rejuvenation.
BBL HERO is the latest evolution of light therapy that serves our patients’ needs with minimal discomfort. BBL HERO was designed to treat issues with pigmentation, vascular conditions, and other signs of visibly aging skin.
The HERO Advantage
High Energy Rapid Output (HERO) marks another advancement in Sciton’s Intense Pulsed Light devices. HERO illustrates the way advances change the game for skin revitalization technology. HERO devices operate more efficiently and effectively than earlier BBL devices and elevate your natural beauty with stunning, radiant skin.
- 4x Speed
- 3x Peak Power
- 2x Cooling
What Is BroadBand Light?
BroadBand Light offers phenomenal versatility and can treat the skin almost anywhere on the body. BroadBand Light is Sciton’s proprietary technology that uses intense pulsed light for skin rejuvenation. Pulsed light is not a laser, though both can perform similar or complementary functions. The difference between pulsed light and laser is that lasers operate on a single wavelength or color focused on a single direction while pulsed light devices use a broad range of wavelengths together. Pulsed light devices resemble camera flashes while laser treatments appear like laser pointers. Both forms of light therapy heat the cells beneath the surface of the skin to achieve their results. BroadBand Light, due to its various wavelengths, is generally less intense, which means it’s more comfortable for patients and results in less downtime.
- Fast treatments
- Minimal discomfort
- Little to zero downtime
- High reported levels of patient satisfaction
- Versatile and capable of treating many regions of the body
Eligible candidates are anyone that shows visible aging somewhere on their body. Everyone eventually shows telltale signs of maturing. Whether that manifests as issues in pigmentation, loose skin, or wrinkles, BBL HERO treatments offer a great solution to restore that youthful luster and tautness to your skin.
Your Personal Consultation with Dr. Bitter
Dr. Bitter focuses on dermatology and skin treatments because he feels great satisfaction when he can see the look on his patient’s faces when they achieve their goals. Surgeons that operate mostly on unconscious patients might not have developed that personable quality that encourages patients to feel comfortable when they discuss their medical history, concerns, and goals. With Dr. Bitter, you aren’t just receiving care from an undisputed expert on laser treatments, but also from an understanding and compassionate soul that deeply cares about his patients.
Over the years, Dr. Bitter has trained close to 8,000 physicians, nurses, other specialists in laser and BroadBand Light therapy. He regularly gives presentations at industry conferences around the country. In 2018, at the MyFaceMyBody Awards USA 2018, he was awarded Male Dermatologist of the Year.
Review any medication you are currently taking during your consultation. Please mention any over-the-counter products you are using on your skin as well. Follow any personalized advice Dr. Bitter provides to ensure the best results. When planning for a laser or light treatment, it’s important to stay away from direct sun exposure and do not go tanning. After your consultation, you’ll be provided any additional instructions that might be relevant for your unique anatomy.
Forever Body Procedure
BBL uses multiple smart filters and finesse adapters to fine-tune the BBL device to be able to treat different conditions. With its ability to adapt to different skin conditions, Sciton calls its BBL HERO device the “swiss army knife” of aesthetic rejuvenation. Your Forever Body BBL HERO session will involve a multi-pass approach designed specifically for your skin condition and your goals.
Forever Body BBL HERO Filters
- Filter 1: acne treatment
- Filter 1: treats pigmentation issues such as age spots and freckles
- Filter 2: treats vascular issues such as rosacea, cherry angiomas, and telangiectasias
- Filter 3: corrects deep lesions and treats darker skin types
- Additional modules are available for hair removal and specialized skin tightening
- Avoid sun exposure in between BBL sessions and for 7-14 days after each visit.
- Do not scratch or pick at the treated area.
- Your skin might feel sunburned or have redness and swelling. This is a normal reaction.
- Use an ice pack or cold compress but only through a cloth, not directly on the skin.
- Apply Vitamin E or aloe vera to soothe the treated area.
- For 48 hours, avoid exercise or other activities that could cause the treated area to flush, such as spicy foods and saunas.
- Follow any additional personalized instructions you are provided after your consultation.
The success of any Intense Pulsed Light treatment depends on the artistic skill of the technician as well as the technology itself. With Dr. Bitter, you benefit from the expertise from a true pioneer and advocate of light therapy, who not only practices his art but teaches his art. Dr. Bitter has made many important discoveries related to BBL treatments. He discovered pulsed light can treat many different skin issues, delay skin aging, and help maintain healthy skin. He found that patients who incorporate BBL treatments into their skin care regimen can delay the visible effects of skin aging such as wrinkles and sunspots while maintaining a glowing complexion of youth.
“When my patients look at their skin post-treatment they just say, ‘AMAZING!’ They are seeing smoother, clearer, younger and healthier-looking skin after just one treatment with BBL HERO.”Dr. Bitter
How Much Do IPL Treatments Cost in Silicon Valley?
BBL HERO treatments are some of the most versatile and customizable treatments available in the ever-expanding inventory of aesthetic treatments. As such, the cost can only be determined after a comprehensive consultation and examination of your skin. At the end of your consultation, you’ll be provided with transparent prices for your individualized treatments.
At what age do we start losing collagen structure?
It varies among different people. Loss of collagen depends on lifestyle (such as smoking), sun exposure, and inherited factors. It’s never too young to start with BBL treatments. Dr. Bitter’s experience has found that BroadBand Light treatment slows down skin aging.
How many BBL treatments will I need?
Usually, patients undergo 6 treatments to achieve and maintain their results.
1. Corrective phase – use it to reach a plateau where you achieve your best complexion
2. Maintenance phase – just like going to the gym, you need regular visits to maintain your goals. 4 sessions annually works well to keep your skin refreshed.
Is Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) safe?
Absolutely. Sciton’s IPL Joule platform is FDA-cleared and Dr. Bitter has performed thousands of successful and safe treatments.
Does quitting smoking improve my skin?
Absolutely. Smoking can release thousands of chemicals into the body that damage the protein structure of collagen and elastin that support healthy skin.
Can a dark spot return after BBL treatments?
Occasionally a spot that was corrected with BBL treatment can reappear months or years after treatment. This is rare but not cause for concern.
- Bitter, P.H. (2000). Noninvasive rejuvenation of photodamaged skin using serial, full-face intense pulsed light treatments. Dermatological Surgery. 2000 Sep;26(9):835-42; discussion 843. DOI: 10.1046/j.1524-4725.2000.00085.x
- Chang, A. L., Bitter, P. H., Qu, K., Lin, M., Rapicavoli, N. A., & Chang, H. Y. (2013). Rejuvenation of gene expression pattern of aged human skin by broadband light treatment: a pilot study. The Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 133(2), 394–402. https://doi.org/10.1038/jid.2012.287
- Bitter, P.H. (2020). BroadBand Light and Skin Rejuvenation. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America. 28 1, 29-36. DOI:10.1016/j.fsc.2019.09.014
- Bitter, P.H., & Pozner, J. (2013). Retrospective Evaluation of the Long-term Antiaging Effects of BroadBand Light Therapy. Cosmetic Dermatology. 26. 34-40. Corpus ID: 74225569